Your Guide To Apartment Pool Safety In Bloomington
The opening of a community pool is like the unofficial kickoff to the summer season. You can't wait to spend your free time in the water. But before you jump in, review this straightforward guide for apartment pool safety in Bloomington. A few prudent precautions will greatly help in keeping you and your guests out of harm’s way when going to this popular apartment amenity.
Top Tips For Apartment Pool Safety
- Swim with a friend: No matter if you’re new to the water or a lifelong swimmer - you should always have someone else with you in the event of a problem. Mishaps can occur no matter your age, physical state, or physical fitness.
- Watch out for younger kids: If you have small kids, be certain they use a correctly sized life jacket of buoyancy aid. And be sure to watch over your kids carefully the entire time, even if they’re away from the pool. A little one teetering on the border of a pool is a crisis waiting to happen. If your family members haven’t mastered how to swim, the summertime is a great time to enroll in instruction.
- Finish eating before getting in: Your mouth needs to be clear when plunging into the swimming pool to keep yourself from struggling for breath. So finish your food and take out your gum before jumping in.
- Avoid pushing, running, and diving: Pool areas are slippery, and apartment swimming pools are often not very deep. For these reasons, diving, running, and pushing others should be avoided to prevent accidents.
- Don’t hold your breath underwater: We’ve all observed children compete with one another in a contest of holding their breath underwater. This is not recommended for anyone as it can lead to passing out and drowning.
- Be conscious of the weather: Take heed of weather warnings, and if you hear thunder or see lighting, don’t shrug it off. Leave the swimming pool and move to safety.
- Follow all displayed instructions: Your apartment community will have regulations displayed. Adhere to them and ensure your guests do as well. They are designed for your own well-being.
- Keep the glass bottles at home: Go with plastic containers or cans when packing your bag for the pool. Glassware and hard pool surroundings aren’t a good combination. If a glass container breaks, it can quickly lead to problems for uncovered feet.
You and your friends can enjoy a wonderful time at your apartment’s swimming pool this summer. Just be certain to keep safety in mind in and around the swimming pool.
Looking For An Apartment With A Pool In Bloomington?
Stay cool and revel in the relaxation of an apartment swimming pool in Bloomington at City Flats on Walnut. We have the high-end amenities you’re looking for and a wide range of floor plans to choose from. Schedule a tour to discover your future home today. If you have a question, don’t hesitate to call 812-578-8827 and speak with a helpful member of our team.