Whether it’s time for spring cleaning or your Bloomington apartment really looks grimy, a thorough cleaning will freshen it up again. It’s fairly common to get frustrated when trying to do more than you can handle at one time. In order to make cleaning your place less of a challenge, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington tenants.
Your Bloomington Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Complete these jobs in every room of your apartment before addressing rooms individually to optimize your time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington to keep track of everything.
- Declutter table tops and other areas.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Dust the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe down walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Wash or dust window coverings.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and address scuff marks and stains.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and the light fixture of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Take your trash out.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
No matter if you prefer having friends over or relaxing in your space by yourself, get your living room orderly and accommodating with a regular cleaning.
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. You should consider a hair removal tool if you have pets.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Shine up furniture by polishing.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Ensure that essential items like remotes are found in an easy-to-find area.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
The multitude of messes in the dining room are a result of food. If you have dried food attached to the floor or table, put a warm, damp rag over it for a few moments to make it easier to remove.
- Sweep crumbs from the table and chairs and pay attention to stickier areas.
- Dust the backs and legs of chairs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a spray-on cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Utilize a synthetic or feather dusting tool to clean off any open shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens usually are smeared and splattered from your nightly dinner routine. You might use store-bought options to deal with those greasy stains, but a few all-natural materials can do the job as well.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe down countertops with an appropriate product for your specific material or simply use white vinegar.
- Scrub your kitchen sink with a mixture of baking soda and a bit of water. A little baking soda in the disposal will help deodorize it. Follow it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar inside. Once complete, wipe it out with a wet cloth.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the moisture work on any burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- You can remove and wash stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with an appropriate product or equal parts household vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Follow the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply utilize baking soda and water to wash it out.
- Employ a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to wipe off the fridge inside and out; follow with a damp cloth. Once done, move the fridge and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you hate bathroom cleaning, take on these easy chores daily to prevent your bathroom from becoming too messy.
- Wide down mirrors with glass cleaner and a clean rag.
- Clean countertops with proper cleaners for your surface or vinegar and water on a clean rag.
- Wash off cabinetry with mild soap and then use a a clean cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off your toilet exterior with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Bloomington
You’ll sleep better in a clean bedroom!
- Straighten up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on shelving and flat surfaces.
- Launder the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Collect any errant dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Use a broom to dust under the bed.
Choose Your New Home At City Flats on Walnut
A tidy and neat apartment feels nice, but there are times when you would be better off with a new apartment entirely. You should consider the dazzling, spacious apartments at City Flats on Walnut. Reach out to our leasing agents at 812-578-8827 or schedule a tour to view your options.