Your Essential Apartment Moving Checklist For Bloomington
There is much to consider when you move to a new apartment home in Bloomington. A to-do list makes everything go more smoothly. It is critical in helping you document all the necessary steps, stay focused, and feel less overwhelmed. With a goal of making your ensuing relocation more stress-free, we’ve assembled these essential tasks for your apartment moving checklist in Bloomington.
8 Weeks Prior To Moving: Get Prepared
- Plan your steps. Use these ideas to start your Bloomington apartment moving checklist and supplement it with additional tasks as you think of them.
- Inform your current leasing office. Most leases demand a written notice signed two months before moving out.
- Review your responsibilities for moving out, such as repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Incorporate these items into your checklist.
6 Weeks Until Your Move: Plan Your Moving Day
Now is the time to start planning your big day and arrange the help you need.
- Wrap-up move-in plans with your new apartment complex in Bloomington. Establish agreed-upon arrival date, double check the steps you need to take, and finish whatever paperwork is still left.
- Hire professional movers or secure a van or truck. Get reservations done at this time to ensure your requested moving date can be accommodated.
- Schedule a babysitter or pet sitter for moving day to help keep your little ones and furry friends out of harm’s way.
2-4 Weeks Prior To Your Move: Pack
- Gather packing materials and boxes.
- Box up non-essential items and eliminating trash. Remind yourself to label boxes!
- Repair any damages that you caused in your prior home to get your deposit back.
- Revise your renter’s insurance with your new home.
- Submit paperwork to update your address and ask for mail forwarding from the USPS.
- Line up the transfer of your utilities or start fresh accounts for your Internet, cable, electric.
- Inform services and subscriptions of your change of address.
- Discover where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new neighborhood.
1 Week Before Moving Day: Make Last-Minute Preparations
The home stretch is sure to be a little hectic but thrilling as you make your final preparations.
- Reaffirm the agreement you have with professional movers or rental truck suppliers and give directions and other details for the day of your move.
- Complete your packing. Pack an overnight bag for the first couple days in your new home, and figure out a secure manner to stow valuables and important documents to keep with you.
- Sweep up your previous apartment while you pack your last things. .
- Get your new keys and do a first pass of your new place. Identify and inform management of any visible maintenance problems.
- Get an idea where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will best fit within your new apartment floor plan.
Your Day Has Arrived: Move!
- Dispatch pets or kids with sitters for the day.
- Advise the team of professionals as they pack and unpack the moving van or truck. Tip the movers and make your final payment.
- Do the last pass of your previous unit.
- Check that you have electricity, gas, and fully functional smoke alarms.
- Arrange the basic necessities at your new home, including toiletries, beds and sheets, food, and drinks.
Include a Visit Of City Flats on Walnut To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Bloomington
You must decide on a new home before you start planning your move. How about City Flats on Walnut? Our friendly leasing professionals are here to give you an on-location or online tour of our beautiful community and assist you in finding the most suitable floor plan and design for you. Put us on your to-do list and reach out to 812-578-8827 or plan a tour today to learn more.