How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Bloomington
Remote work is the new normal for numerous employees, whether you live in a large house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to serve as your home office, but you can still incorporate a suitable place to work. Review these simple tips and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Bloomington.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Bloomington
- Choose a suitable desk. Finding an appropriately sized desk to fit your space is important. If you work with a laptop, your desk only has to be around 20 inches deep. Your worktop ought to be about 28 inches above the floor and can be any width that works for your space. Ensure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be happy you have one when you have spreadsheets up, a conference call going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really tight on square footage? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can hide away when you’re not using.
- Where should your desk go? If you can put your desk conveniently into a corner, great! But you may need to get more creative when arranging. A slim desk may be situated directly behind a couch. You could incorporate a small rug and lamp to help define the spot as your office. An open wall in your room will also do nicely. Hang some artwork or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t gazing at a boring wall all day.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re limited on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Place it adjacent to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t worry about a desk at all and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Use floating shelves. These home office space savers work nicely when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have more area for decor or supplies and can easily blend shelving into your room’s particular design.
Would You Like To Mix Things Up? Consider The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own living quarters? Incorporate a small standing desk so you can stay mobile and stretch out. A reasonably priced foldable laptop stand may help get your computer at the proper height.
Here are some extra space-saving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Bloomington:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that will fit under your desk
- Small storage compartments that can stick to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and children
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At City Flats on Walnut
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at City Flats on Walnut. We have a range of floor plans to fit your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our Bloomington property or reach out to us at 812-578-8827 if you want more information.