You’re overjoyed your new apartment has its own laundry hookups. No more waiting on neighbors to be finished with the community washers and dryers or hauling sacks of clothing over to the laundromat. But you’ve observed one small concern. Your tight laundry closet has very little room for other supplies. Would you like to know how to optimize your restricted space? Review these easy small apartment laundry solutions in Bloomington.
Recommendations For Optimizing Your Small Apartment Laundry Closet in Bloomington
When making your list of essential amenities, a laundry room was near the top. But now that you have one, you’re concerned about where to store all your supplies. Even though the area may be tight, you can optimize it with the following suggestions:
- Vertical shelving: In cramped spots, you might want to go up. A sensible upright shelving unit is usually a wise choice for a laundry closet or limited laundry room. Although they might be just five, maybe six inches in width, you’ll get plenty of storage for your detergents and sprays. You might even benefit from a little additional shelving capacity for general cleaning supplies.
- Movable storage: You know that small amount of area you have next to your washing machine or dryer (or perhaps between them)? There are actually rolling laundry storage carts planned precisely for those spaces. Made about five wide, these compact small apartment laundry closet solutions in Bloomington can slide in just about any location. And they’re perfect for storing your stain removing sprays, detergent, dryer sheets, and other supplies.
- Over-the-door ironing board and iron holder: Have you forgotten about the ironing board that’s sitting in a corner of your bedroom? There’s a better location for it. A door-attached holder is the perfect, space-conserving remedy. It’s affordable, easy to hang, and most are available with a handy space for your iron and spray. Fetching your ironing board and getting ready for a big outing in your new community couldn’t be easier.
- Curtains: Does your little laundry nook not include a door? Some affordable curtains will be able to seal the area when you’re not using it. Thanks to a practically limitless number of patterns and colors, you can find curtains that match your decor. Employ a spring-loaded extendable rod to suspend them. And if you’re doing laundry and need somewhere to hang clothes, what do you think you can use?
- Baskets: Wire shelving is a customary part of laundry areas. While convenient, it also tends to make your supplies topple when they’re not situated perfectly. Rather than having a jumbled pile of fallen containers of bleach and detergent, use baskets. They’ll aid you in keeping things organized, and they are attractive too!
Get An Apartment With A Laundry Room In Bloomington
Now that you have a better understanding of how to make the most of your laundry room, it’s time to search for an apartment that has one! City Flats on Walnut boasts generous apartments with the built-in laundry hookups you want. You’ll also find a range of other excellent amenities in this sought-after community. Contact 812-578-8827 to chat with a friendly member of our team or just schedule a tour to start exploring.